Twitter Facebook YouTube Flickr Blog Google Plus
Sep
21

4 Things You Need to Know About Black Mold

By

Stachybotrys chartarum, otherwise known as black mold, is a toxic substance that is often underestimated. Whether in your home or your business, black mold in Nashua, NH requires immediate attention and remediation. In this article, we’re providing you with four must-knows of recognizing and dealing with this substance.

Black mold gained popularity in January 1993

Between January 1993 and December of 1994, there were eight infant cases of illness linked to black mold exposure in Cleveland, Ohio. In each instance, the infant had bleeding in the lungs, and, in one instance the illness led to fatality. The exposure was linked to homes with severe water damage and increased levels of mold. The correlation led people to believe that black mold was toxic and potentially deadly.

Black mold won’t kill you

A common misconception with black mold is that it’s a death sentence, which is untrue. However, black mold is extremely dangerous for both the younger and older generations, as well as immune and respiratory compromised individuals for several different reasons.

While some are more sensitive than others, symptoms of black mold exposure typically include:

  • Coughing or Sneezing
  • Trouble breathing
  • Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
  • Watery eyes
  • Dry, scaly looking skin

Mold growth in your home isn’t something to be embarrassed over

Often, when people discover mold growth in their home it becomes a source of embarrassment. Whether it’s believed your home is “dirty” or “unkept,” there’s one true fact – mold is not biased.

In many cases, homeowners have mold growing in their homes without even realizing it. From unknown small roof or plumbing leaks to moisture buildup in the basement, there are various causes and situations that inhibit mold to thrive.

The most common reason for your body to react is due to a mold allergy

Like pollen or pet dander, black mold allergies will cause the body to become inflamed and react with exposure. So, instead of jumping the gun that you’ve been poisoned, contact your doctor and inquire about a mold allergy test. With luck, the solution will be as simple as an over the counter antihistamine (after your mold has been removed, of course).

While black mold in Nashua, NH, may not be as deadly as most think, it is imperative to remedy the situation immediately. At Purely Green Environmental, we’ll not only help to identify any potential mold issues, but we’ll also help restore the air quality in your home.

For more information, contact our team today by calling (03) 886-0345.

Categories : Black Mold